Energenius® Out-of-School Time Program is an environmental stewardship curriculum designed to ignite a passion for science, fueling a new generation of innovators and environmental stewards. The curriculum is designed to engage youth to think about how they use energy, how energy is measured, paid for, ways to save energy and practice influencing others to take energy-saving actions. Engage youth in cultivating an environmentalist identity and explore new strategies to engage families in youths’ learning. Additionally, the curriculum is uniquely and intentionally designed to engage families in energy and water conservation habits.
On-site and eLearning modules - This FREE curriculum shows students how they can play an active role in saving energy. We encourage children to engage in energy-saving practices together with their families and learn how even small changes can make a difference! There are 4, two-hour training modules included in this curriculum. All training participants receive an Activity Guide that features detailed lesson plans, take-home activities and PG&E resources for families like CARE and ESA.
Family Engagement Events
CalSAC is excited to offer funding for programs in PG&E service areas to host a family engagement event through the Energenius® OST Program. Strengthen the quality of your program and deepen your program’s impact on energy conservation through hosting a family engagement event.
- Requesting the full Energenius OST Training Series by December 2017
- Host family engagement event for minimum of 10 families by December 2017. Families includes adults and any siblings.
- Share the PG&E resources with families during the event
- Share provided flyers with families and event participants when outreaching for the event
- Utilize 8 hour of Technical Assistance from a CalSAC Trainer
- Complete and submit sign in sheets of adult participants within two weeks after the event
- Complete and submit feedback form within two weeks after the event
Please contact Charnelle Ruff, 510-444-4622 x105 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.