This training will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to empower children and youth with the tools to prevent and intervene in bullying situations.
In this training participants will:
- Discover how children and youth can contribute to bullying intervention and prevention.
- Explore bullying prevention skills to develop with children and youth.
- Learn and practice teaching the HEART bullying intervention strategy for children and youth.
Children/Youth Contribute to Prevention and Intervention
Participants will explore how children and youth can contribute to bullying prevention and intervention.
Prevention Skills for Children and Youth
Participants explore how to develop the following social-emotional skills in children and youth to prevent bullying. Competence: Social-Emotional awareness and skills. Compassion: Empathy for self and others. Courage: Courage to model and assert values. Introduce HEART
Intervention Strategy for Children/Youth
Participants will learn the HEART bullying intervention strategy for children and youth.
- Help: When and how to help the person being bullied.
- Empathize: When and how to build empathy between others.
- Avert: When and how to avert a bullying situation.
- Reflect: When and how to help others reflect and reconsider.
- Talk to an Adult: When and how to get help from adults.
Practice Teaching HEART Interventions to Children and Youth
Participants will practice teaching the HEART intervention strategy as they would for children and youth.
Training Length: 2 hours