This training will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to address bullying by understanding and identifying the problem of bullying.
In this training participants will:
- Deepen their understanding of the problem of bullying and mistreatment.
- Identify the types of bullying that are taking place at their site/program.
- Learn activities to use with youth or other staff to deepen their understanding of the problem of bullying and mistreatment.
Intro to the Problem of Bullying
Participants review the key concepts of bullying.
- Bullying comes from a need to feel safe
- Bullying comes from a need to belong
- Bullying is purposeful
- Bullying is learned
- Bullying has many forms
Participants will explore the concept of the Bullying Buoy to identify how bullying may be seen differently by adults and children/youth.
Participants will examine the various types of bullying and identify examples of bullying that take place specifically at their site/program.
Participants will take part in an activity to further identify the types of mistreatment that they have personally seen or experienced at their site.
More Activities for Staff and Youth
Participants will review and discuss various activities that can be done with staff and/or youth at their site to further identify and understand the problem of bullying.
Training Length: 2 hours