County: San Diego
Harmonium, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that reaches more than 30,000 San Diegans a year, currently offers a wide array of innovative and customized program services to over 5,000 children, youth, and families each day throughout San Diego County. Harmonium believes creative planning, collaboration, and strength-based intervention results in high quality services that promote well-being. We are the largest provider of before and after school care in the San Diego Unified School District (48 schools). We also provide on site before and after school licensed care on an additional 10 school sites. Some of our other services include juvenile diversion services in Mira Mesa, East County and Southeast San Diego, and parent, child and family counseling in the Mira Mesa area.
Status: Non-Exempt; Contracted Employee
Program Service Area: Children’s Before and After School Programs
Department: Prime Time and/or Charter School Before and After School Programs
Location: Varies, multi-site worker
Hours: Part time, 0 - 34 hours per week; Monday-Friday, shift/hours vary by site
Salary: $12.50 per hour (all new hires begin at starting salary regardless of experience); Funding: 100% direct program approved by ELO 10.1.18
Perks of Joining Harmonium:
• Excellent experience and top-of-the-line training.
• Incredible Skills-building opportunity
• Flexible Schedules (corresponding to program hours).
• Retirement plan match maximum 2% of annual salary based on years of service (403b); CA Paid Sick Leave accrued at 1 hour per 30 hours worked with a maximum accrual of 80 hours per calendar year
• A commitment to providing an innovative and rewarding work environment in which our employees can thrive.
• Multiple Employee Discounts (Verizon, Electronics including Apple, Movies, 24 Hour Fitness, Dining, and much more!)
• You can learn amazingly valuable skills from this opportunity!
Join Harmonium as our next Program Assistant for PrimeTime to ensure the safety, security, and well-being for children through fun and creative education. Your primary responsibilities will include homework assistance, implementing arts and crafts, special activities, recreation, and the supervision of children.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass CAPE test or have a minimum of 48 college units
- Must have either a minimum of 6 completed units in child development, elementary and/or middle school education, recreation or related field or a minimum of 6 months documented work experience in an ASES program
- Valid Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification required
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in an after school or group child care setting with elementary aged children
- Demonstrated ability in sports, special interests and hobbies, and/or arts and crafts
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Valid TB results required
- Must receive Fingerprint Clearance upon hire (paid by Harmonium)
How To Apply
Please apply on our website: http://www.harmoniumsd.org/wp/employment-2/
Should you have difficulty submitting your application online, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the position title in the subject line, and they will assist you applying online.