County: San Diego
Harmonium, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that reaches more than 30,000 San Diegans a year, currently offers a wide array of innovative and customized program services to over 5,000 children, youth, and families each day throughout San Diego County. Harmonium believes creative planning, collaboration, and strength-based intervention results in high quality services that promote well-being. We are the largest provider of before and after school care in the San Diego Unified School District (48 schools). We also provide on site before and after school licensed care on an additional 10 school sites. Some of our other services include juvenile diversion services in Mira Mesa, East County and Southeast San Diego, and parent, child and family counseling in the Mira Mesa area.
Opportunities for a combination of AM/PM Shifts are available!
Program Service Area: Children’s Before and After School Program
Department: Klassic Kids
Hours: Part time; 0 - 34 hours per week; Shifts are AM & PM hours
Salary: $13.00 per hour (all new hires begin at starting salary regardless of experience)
Benefits: 403b Retirement Plan with a match of up to 2% based on years of service; CA Paid Sick
Leave accrued at 1 hour per 30 hours worked with a maximum accrual of 80 hours per calendar year
Perks of Joining Harmonium:
• Excellent experience and top-of-the-line training
• Ability to use (or develop!) your creative skills
• Doing something that makes a positive difference in the lives of others
• Flexible Schedules (corresponding to program hours)
• Retirement plan match maximum 2% of annual salary based on years of service (403b); CA Paid Sick Leave accrued at 1 hour per 30 hours worked with a maximum accrual of 80 hours per calendar year
• Multiple employee discounts (Verizon, Electronics, Movies, 24 Hour Fitness, Dining, amusement park passes/tickets, and much more!)
• Being a part of an innovative and rewarding work environment in which our employees can thrive
This position ensures the safety, security, and well-being of the children enrolled in the program. Implementation of homework assistance, arts and craft/special activities, recreation and supervision of children are primary responsibilities. Assistant Site Directors are responsible for supporting the healthy social/emotional development of children enrolled in the program in line with Early Childhood Development best practices. This includes using behavioral reinforcement programs, behavioral strategies to address problematic behavior, and strength-based approaches.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must complete 12 units in early education, child, growth; development, recreation, humanities, or education (including college work-study, volunteer or internship)
- Must complete Administration 202 course within 12 months of hire date
- Possess Community Care Licensing qualifications for childcare Program Assistant, Section 101515
- Current First Aid/CPR required
- A minimum of one-year experience working in a day care center with school-aged children
- Demonstrated ability in sports, special interests and hobbies, and/or arts and crafts
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Current health screen, negative TB test, and immunizations against Measles, Pertussis and annual Influenza (or signed an annual declaration declining the Influenza shot)
- Must receive Fingerprint Clearance upon hire (paid by Harmonium)
- Valid CA driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with active insurance
- Ability to substitute at other licensed locations throughout San Diego
How To Apply
Please apply on our website: http://www.harmoniumsd.org/wp/employment-2/
Should you have difficulty submitting your application online, please forward your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title in the subject line, and we will assist you in submitting your online application.