County: Los Angeles
Agency: Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center
The Wooten Center is a nonprofit youth center founded by Myrtle Faye Rumph in honor of her son, killed in a drive-by shooting. We provide free afterschool and low-cost summer programs for more than 350 students per year in grades 3-12 at the center and other sites in the South Los Angeles area.
Part-time position in our CollegeTrek Afterschool Program for grades 3-12. See www.wootencenter.org/collegetrek.
Hours are Mon-Fri, 2-6pm. Salary based on education and experience.
- Will plan and coordinate i-Ready.com assessments in reading and math and ensure students complete assigned study plans.
- Will provide individual and small group homework assistance and tutoring and other instruction.
- Will provide orientation and supervision for interns and other volunteers providing academic support for students.
- Lesson planning, program planning and coordination, tracking outcomes, and other administrative activities.
- Familiar or experienced with project-based learning
- College student or degree in education preferred.
How To Apply
For more information, call our executive director Naomi McSwain at (323) 756-7203 or send her an email at email@example.com
Application Deadline: 8/1/2018