County: Sacramento County
Agency: Center for Fathers and Families
The Center for Fathers and Families (CFF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency with a strong history of responding to the needs of fathers and their families by offering programs and services that lead to family growth, enrichment, and empowerment. Over the course of its history, CFF has impacted thousands of children, families, and adults in Sacramento County through one of our three main initiatives:
-Starting young people on a positive path
-Helping parents achieve and maintain success
-Empowering families to thrive together
The Center for Fathers and Families is hiring Team Leaders for the after school programs we operate at Sacramento area elementary and middle schools for the 2018-2019 school year.
Under the direct supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Team Leader will provide assistance and tutoring to students in the after school program, and will lead engaging academic, enrichment, and recreation activities with groups of up to 25 students. Team Leaders will provide opportunities for students to develop & strengthen academic, physical, and social skills. Team Leaders work at MASTERS After School program sites (K-8).
Hours: Monday-Friday 1:00-6:00 ( Hours vary depending on school site)
Compensation: Starts at $11.00 per hour
- Develop daily lesson plans and activities.
- Lead organized learning activities for students to develop and strengthen their academic, physical, and social skills.
- As needed, differentiate lessons and activities so they are appropriate to students with various abilities.
- Review program work plans with Site Coordinator, Student Learning Coach, or classroom teacher for effective program implementation.
- Participate in and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and events.
- Instruct students on the safe and proper use of supplies and equipment.
- Implement discipline techniques and classroom management.
- Participate in cleaning and maintaining the facilities and equipment.
- Inspect the school site and the equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action to prevent injuries.
- Interact professionally and appropriately with parents, teachers and school staff.
- Participate in school site staff meetings and on-going training opportunities and events.
- Comply with NUSD, SCUSD, TRUSD and CFF policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 48 units of college credit (at least two years of college)
- Experience working in a school and/or agency setting.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse district/school staff, parents, and community members.
- Able to implement and supervise a positive learning environment, incorporating academics, enrichment and recreation.
- Fingerprint and TB test clearance, random drug testing.
- Bilingual a plus!
- CPR/1st Aid certified a plus!
How To Apply
Application Deadline: 8/1/2018