Type: Part Time & Full-Time
County: Santa Clara
Agency: Santa Clara Unified School District-Family Child Education
Family Child Education is dedicated to excellence by providing an optimum learning environment based on developmentally appropriate curriculum and a safe nurturing environment that respects family diversity and uniqueness and fosters self-esteem and personal growth for students, families and staff.
Our programs provide “hands on,” developmentally appropriate curriculum based on current youth development research and practice. Children are encouraged to ask questions, share ideas, develop social skills and explore their world through active participatory learning. Students attending the Extended Day Program will have opportunities for supervised indoor and outdoor activities including a snack period, clubs, interest groups, reading and writing centers, science and cooking projects.
Family Child Education programs are located on all 18 elementary school campuses throughout Santa Clara Unified School District.
Salary: Teachers-$22.82 to $25.15 /hour, Associate Teachers-$19.29 to $21.26 /hour, Teacher Aides-$14.21 - $16.14 per hour
Family Child Education is seeking passionate Early Childhood Educators and Youth Development Leaders for various Teacher, Associate Teacher and Teacher Aide positions in our Extended Day programs. Teachers are responsible for providing learning experiences where children are actively involved with people, materials, events and ideas. In these experiences, children “learn by doing,” often working with hands-on materials and carrying out projects of their own choosing.
Teachers plan small and large group experiences based on children’s developmental level and interests. Teachers lead small group experiences according to grade level, providing hands-on activities to introduce or expand on children’s knowledge, skills or interests. Large group experiences are opportunities for the entire group to participate in a group game or team building activity to promote a sense of belonging and community.
We have the following position titles open:
Associate Teacher-Millikin Extended Day
Associate Teacher-Sutter Extended Day
Substitute Associate Teacher-Various Sites
Substitute Teacher-Various Sites
Substitute Teacher Aide-Various Sites
Teacher-Bracher Extended Day
Teacher-Briarwood Extended Day
Teacher-Don Callejon Extended Day
Teacher-Laurelwood Extended Day
Teacher-Sutter Extended Day
Teacher-Westwood Extended Day
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Assist in creating developmentally appropriate curriculum directly connected to the needs and interests of the children.
• Some knowledge of High/Scope, Developmentally Appropriate Practices, Project Based learning, STEAM, Desired Results Developmental Profile and/or SACERS preferred.
• Keep children safe and healthy through proper supervision, authentic interaction and practicing good health habits
• Create exciting and enriched environments connected to curriculum and quality learning experiences.
• Work collaboratively with other staff by practicing workplace values, flexibility, and being a team player.
• Provide excellent customer service for families, school, community and each other.
• AA or BA (or higher) in Child Development, Youth Development or related field (to include 12 semester ECE core units) or Child Development Associate Teacher/Teacher Permit or higher (School Age emphasis preferred)
• 1-2 years of experience working with children K-8th grades in an after school program
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• Must be in good health, able to lift 30 lbs. chest high, and pass a physical exam
• Must be able to walk, squat, bend and stand; ability to move freely to supervise and engage in indoor and outdoor activities with children.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for an interview, you must apply online at Edjoin: https://www.santaclarausd.org/apply
Application Deadline: 8/31/2018