County: Santa Clara
Agency: Santa Clara Unified School District-Family Child Education
Family Child Education provides high quality infant, toddler, preschool and before and after school programs on 18 elementary school campuses throughout Santa Clara Unified School District. Learn more at https://www.santaclarausd.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=97
We are seeking a passionate Early Childhood Educator and Youth Development Leader for the position of Site Supervisor at Hughes District Preschool & Extended Day.
HOURS: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm / 12 months; (Must be available to open the center if necessary at 7:00 am)
SALARY: $28.40 - $34.51; Salary based on education and experience; Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Paid Time Off
- Provide leadership in creating developmentally appropriate curriculum directly connected to the needs and interests of both preschool and school age children.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with High Scope, Developmentally Appropriate Practices, QRIS, Preschool Learning Foundations, Desired Results Developmental Profile and/or ECERS/SACERS preferred.
- Manage center financial, marketing and enrollment functions.
- Keep children safe and healthy through proper supervision, authentic interaction and practicing good health habits.
- Create exciting and enriched environments connected to curriculum and quality learning experiences.
- Work collaboratively with other staff by role modeling workplace values, flexibility, and being a team player.
- Provide excellent customer service for families, school, and community.
- Site Supervisor may be in ratio to assist with breaks/absences.
- BA in Early Childhood Education or related field (MA preferred) and a current Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or higher.
- 3-5 years of experience working with children ages 3-12 years old in a preschool and after school enrichment program.
- 2-3 years of progressive leadership experience working in a supervisory or mentoring role supporting preschool and after school classrooms.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Must be in good health, able to lift 30 lbs. chest high, and pass a physical exam.
- Must be able to walk, squat, bend and stand; ability to move freely to supervise and engage in indoor and outdoor activities with children.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for an interview for this position you must apply through edjoin.org @ https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/1029593
Application Deadline: 9/28/2018