County: San Francisco
Agency: Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF)
The Jewish Community Center of San Francisco is the oldest Jewish center on the West Coast, providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs to the community since 1877. Open to all, with the mission of building and preserving Jewish identity, JCCSF programs and services include ECE and School age programs to Older Adult programs.
The JCCSF is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is comfortable leading and teaching kids basic digital photography and movie making. The media camp specialist will be responsible for creating weekly curriculum for digital photography and a two-week movie making camp. Media camp staff will be responsible for assisting campers with tech curriculum and additionally taking campers outdoors during their breaks and playing camp games, etc.
The Digital Media camp specialist will be responsible for creating, organizing, and implementing weekly digital photography camps, and a two-week movie making camp.
- Organize and implement digital media camps which includes the following:
- Digital photography
- Moving Making
- Supervise campers.
- Practice personal leadership skills.
- Assist in drop off and pick up of campers
- Provide excellent customer service to parents by communicating with them about their camper's experience
- Assist with daily set up and clean-up of camp
- Model appropriate behavior for campers.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Experience in digital photography instruction, web design and online content creation with youth.
- The knowledge and ability to explain and demonstrate digital photography fundamentals and techniques.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premier, camera basics, blogging and web design
- Passions for digital media and youth programs.
- Interested in photography
- Knowledge of summer camps.
- Experience working with campers ages 8 - 14
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to improvise is a must.
- Must be 21 years or older.
Dates of employment: June 4, 2018 – August 17, 2018
Hours: 8:15am- 4:15 p.m.
How To Apply
Click the link below to review the job description and apply online:
Application Deadline: 6/4/2018
Name of Contact: Danielle Patton
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org