County: San Francisco
Agency: Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF)
Part of the community since 1891, Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) currently serves 1,634 youth (ages 6-18) per day. We serve more than 19,000 youth per year at eight Clubhouses located in the neighborhoods with the fewest resources, one extension site, four school-based sites and Camp Mendocino, a 2,000-acre residential summer camp that provides a creative and fun outdoor experience for youth. We are open “when kids need us most” – after school, on most school holidays and during the summer. We offer safe places where young people can learn, grow, and succeed.
The primary role of the Learning & Development Coordinator is to provide administrative support for the organization’s training and professional development program. This position reports directly to the Director of Learning & Development and assists with development and facilitation of trainings, and provides logistical support for learning and development needs for BGCSF.
- Coordinate logistics for New Hire Orientation, All Staff Trainings Days, Employee Integration and ongoing professional development trainings.
- Provide data entry for tracking of staff trainings through online learning management system or other online data tracking tool.
- Develop list of resources to incorporate into learning and development resources guide.
- Organize and manage library of learning and development resources.
- Assist with collecting training assessment data and review.
- Coordinate training calendar dates and logistics for disseminating announcements related to trainings.
- Manage the Training Room and calendar for all BGCSF trainings.
Facilitation & Program Support - 40%
- Support the facilitation of trainings for all BGCSF staff in collaboration with Director of Learning and Development, including but not limited to leadership development, BGCSF mission and values, teambuilding, effective communication, organizational management.
- Assist with facilitation of training sessions for New Hire Orientation and Employee Integration.
- Provide individual trainings for program staff as needed and in alignment with BGCSF Training Plan.
- Support the development of training curriculum for individual staff and all staff trainings.
- Assist the development of learning outcomes and assessment of training programs for staff
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong ability to organize data and processes and archive for future reference
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience developing customized curriculum
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a youth serving non-profit organization
- Ability to present information effectively
- Ability to manage and/or collaborate with other training resources
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with drive and passion for development of people
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to influence and build relationships both within the organization and with external sources
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
- Thorough knowledge of youth development theory
- Strong computer skills; specifically well-versed in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Ability to drive an automobile in CA
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 2 hours
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
How To Apply
Submit your application at http://kidsclub.atsondemand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=512291.viewjobdetail&CID=512291&JID=615651&BUID=2521