County: Santa Clara
Agency: Moreland School District
Moreland is a K-8 School District serving over 4,500 students. We are located on the borders of San Jose/Campbell/Saratoga. Learn more at http://moreland.org
Can you imagine being excited to go to work every day because you receive the rewarding experience of working with/shaping a new generation of children? It is possible, if you are working for Moreland School District in our After School Recreation program.
In addition to a fun working environment , we offer a competitive salary with an automatic annual raise, sick leave, vacation pay, paid holidays. Starting pay is $15.77 per hour.
Interested in making a difference? Send your resume to be considered for this wonderful opportunity!
We currently have this shift available:
2:45-4:30 M, T, Th, F and 12:45-4:15 on Wednesdays
(Longer shifts will be available next school year)
We also have several openings in our Summer Camp program...great opportunity for college students to work over the summer.
- Provide a safe, caring, positive and interesting learning environment for students in an assigned before and/or after-school extended day program; prepare materials and supplies for daily activities; take attendance.
- Serve as role model and develop positive social behaviors of children; discipline students according to established procedures; reinforce positive behaviors as appropriate.
- Receive and greet parents, students, and personnel and direct inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Work with faculty and staff to provide a positive and supportive team atmosphere and learning environment.
- Communicate with parents regarding behaviors of students.
- Ensure the health and safety of students by following health and safety practices and procedures; assist in maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Collaborate with program director to develop appropriate indoor and outdoor learning and recreational activities for children
- Assist children with homework assignments; explain questions and enhance student understanding of homework as needed.
- Provide routine first aid to injured students according to established procedures as needed.
- Escort children to and from classrooms as assigned.
- Comply with mandated reporting guidelines
- Maintain sign-in/out sheets accurately at all times
- Lead and supervise students in various classroom activities including games, art projects, crafts, projects and related activities; supervise students in outdoor activities; create schedule of activities.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including typing, duplicating, recording attendance and maintaining assigned records; prepare bulletin boards.
- Operate a variety of classroom and office equipment including a computer and audio-visual equipment; answer telephone calls and direct inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of snacks for children; assist in moving playground equipment as assigned.
- Comply with mandated reporting requirements.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. All individuals must pass a pre-employment fingerprint screening.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education : Equivalent to high school graduation preferred.
Experience : A minimum of six months of experience working with school-age children preferred.
Licenses and Other Requirements: Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Basic school age child development principles, theories and practices.
- Safe practices in classroom and outdoor activities.
- School policies, rules and regulations.
- Classroom procedures and appropriate student conduct.
- Routine filing and record keeping procedures.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Basic subjects taught in local schools, including mathematics.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Policies and procedures of assigned program and activities.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Health and safety regulations.
- First aid and CPR procedures.
- Mandated reporting requirements.
- Assist in the overall activities of school-age children in an assigned after-school program.
- Assist in planning and implementing activities.
- Supervise children in classroom and outdoor activities.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly environment.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Plan and create classroom and playground activities.
- Operate a variety of classroom and playground equipment.
- Operate a computer and assigned software.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Oversee and discipline students according to approved policies and procedures.
- Administer first aid and CPR.
Environment: Active classroom and playground environment.
- Sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Kneeling, crouching or bending at the waist to assist students.
- Seeing to observe students.
- Lifting or carrying classroom and/or playground equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate assigned equipment.
How To Apply
Please submit an application form via EDJOIN.ORG at
Application Deadline: 5/30/2018
Name of Contact: Judy Ross
Contact email address: email@example.com