Agency: The Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education
The Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education (OCCD) provides leadership in the development and operation of integrated and statewide professional development standards and systems. OCCD promotes professional development to achieve high quality care and education for children and youth, and creates and supports training and education. OCCD is part of the Graduate School of Education at Portland State University.
Application Deadline: 6/30/18
This position operates within the instruction/training functions of OCCD. This position shares these functions and responsibilities with the Director and other Coordinators of program operations. This position has primary coordination responsibility for the comprehensive activities of the Oregon Registry Trainer Program including but not limited to service enhancement, policy development, program planning and implementation, standards review and modification, information and communication dissemination, issue identification and resolution, and training curriculum development. This position works closely with the Director, advisory committees, other OCCD professional staff, as well as childhood care and education community partners in accomplishing these responsibilities.
Operations that may be included within the Oregon Registry Trainer Program are: professional development of trainers and technical assistance providers in adult education principles and practices as well as curriculum content areas; enforcement of trainer and training session standards; distribution of trainer and training session certifications; curriculum review, evaluation and development; training of trainers session development and delivery; training session development; professional presentation development and delivery; instructor responsibilities for trainings that are approved for PSU credit; design and implementation of collaborative statewide training initiatives.
This position works to ensure training is accessible and reflects Oregon’s diverse cultural, social, and economic communities. This position provides supervision to staff who work on activities related to the Oregon Registry Trainer Program.
Primary Activity: A - Administrative
- Master’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, or related field or evidence of equivalent.
- Three years of professional experience and professional competence leading a large or statewide program.
- Knowledge of or experience with Oregon’s Childhood Care and Education professional development system.
- Evidence of the highest professional standards, ethics, and values.
- Participation or membership in professional associations at regional, state, and national levels.
Demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Working with people from diverse backgrounds and professional affiliations;
- Planning, developing, and implementing large or statewide programs;
- Compiling and reviewing program data to evaluate and modify large or statewide programs;
- Developing written program materials, including evidence-based curriculum development;
- Communication, collaboration, and partnership with various childhood care and education constituent groups;
- Computer/technology skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel regionally or nationally.
- Valid State-issued driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Five years of professional experience and professional competence in a similar position.
- Step 11 on the Oregon Registry.
- Participation and leadership in professional associations at regional, state, and/or national levels.
- Professional or public presentations or written contributions to the early childhood field.
- Leadership in Professional Development systems.
- Management skills, particularly with training and/or trainers.
- Bilingual: Spanish/English, Russian/English, Vietnamese/English, and/or Chinese/English.
- Experience providing technical assistance.
- Experience with developing/designing computer-based learning programs.
- Experience with strategic planning.
- Certified Master Trainer in Oregon Registry Trainer Program.
Key Cultural Competencies:
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adheres to all PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
- Environmental Stewardship: Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Work Days/Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement: The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $58,992 and $66,281, dependent upon qualifications and experience, with an excellent benefits package including 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependant at any of the Oregon University System schools.
- OCCD Mission & Commitment to Equity: Our mission is to promote quality childhood care and education for Oregon’s children and families by providing a career development system for practitioners.
- We are committed to intentional strategies that promote social justice and cultural responsiveness in carrying out our mission.
- We believe the diversity of Oregon’s early childhood workforce is a source of strength, inspiration, innovation, and happiness.
Learn more at pdx.edu/occd.
100% grant-funded position. Annual position renewal contingent on funding availability.
How To Apply
Quick Link: http://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/24521. If you have questions, contact Tracy Hensley, email@example.com. Please list the names, telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Required Documents: Resume, over letter, professional References, link to professional websites, news articles, etc.