County: San Francisco
Agency: Buchanan YMCA
You can make a lasting impact every day by working with the YMCA of San Francisco. In communities across the Bay Area, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
Application Deadline: 5/30/18
The Buchanan YMCA is looking for part-time Kindergarten - 5th grade program leaders and assistants to work at our after-school program at the Chinese Immersion School located in the historic Haight-Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco.
We are currently seeking creative talented professionals for the 2017-18 school year who are serious about providing meaningful after school opportunities for youth in a recreational and educational setting. We need people who are flexible, who will take initiative, who are punctual and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year.
Hours for Position: Part-time position, Monday through Friday, from 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm. Additional hours will be given for workshops, trainings and staff meetings. Position begins August 14, 2017 and ends on the last day of school June 6, 2018.
• At least 18 years of age for the elementary school programs
• At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree
• Program Leaders must have 15 units in any combination of the following:
• Child Development OR;
• Education, psychology, recreation, art, dance, music, sociology, social welfare, human development, counseling, nursing, home economics, physical education or other related field
• Must have experience working with youth (Elementary School or Middle School)
• Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
• Must be a Team Player
• Knowledge or expertise in youth development
• Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
• Must be available daily M-F during after school program hours (approximately 1:30p.m.- 6:00p.m.) &/or morning care hours (7:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.)
• Must be willing to participate in Bi-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
• Must pass health screening and fingerprint clearance.
• Special Knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports preferred.
• Bi-Lingual English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Connections in the greater San Francisco Community are a bonus.
Salary $16.00 to $18.00 /hour DOE
How To Apply
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Misa Nguyen at MNguyen@ymcasf.org.