Let's Get Connected
Celebrate the successes of the last year and the launch of the new California Summer Matters Network with people who know as well as you the hard work of running an expanded learning program.
LEARN how the network will build on Summer Matter's long history of increasing access to high-quality summer programs in California for all children and youth.
MEET educators, local stakeholders, and summer and after scool program providers who are passionate about summer learning.
SHARE your successes in summer learning and hear about the great work being done by educators in your community.
Join CalSAC and Summer Matters as we celebrate summer learning!
Executive Inn & Suites
Oakland, CA 94606
March 8, 2018
6:30PM - 8:30PM
What is the California Summer Matters Network?
The Summer Matters campaign is expanding and evolving into the California Summer Matters Network. Since 2009, the campaign has been a great success with some notable accomplishments including:
- increasing the number of students in summer learning programs,
- helping California define what a high-quality summer learning programs looks like, and
- building a broad-based of champions for summer learning.
The California Summer Matters Network will provide unique opportunities for members to identify ways and means to work together toward common outcomes that will ultimately increase and improve the summer learning opportunities for all children and youth across the state. The network will be coordinated, facilitated, and convened by our newly formed Core Team, which is made up of seven organizations:
- California Afterschool Network
- California Department of Education, Expanded Learning Division
- California School Aged Consortium
- Greater Los Angeles Summer Matters Network
- Partnership for Children & Youth
- San Francisco Human Rights Commission
- THINK Together