Leadership Intensive Retreat, Bay Area
DATE: 11/16/17 - 11/18/17
TIME: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
LOCATION: 1918 University ave, berkeley
The 3-day Leadership Intensive Retreat will strengthen the capacity of coordinator to director level professionals to effectively lead their staff and organizations by exploring:
- Strength-Based Leadership
- Personal Reflection
- Community Building and Networking
Registration includes: Meals and materials throughout the retreat; StrengthsFinder assessment code, personalized talent theme report and StrengthsFinder 2.0 eBook; binder of handouts/resources and access to electronic binder after the retreat
At the end of the Leadership Intensive, participants will have:
- Deepened their understanding of leadership.
- Increased knowledge of leadership and management concepts, skills and strategies as they apply to their work.
- Begun a leadership development plan to ensure application of skills, strategies and knowledge learned.
- Built a community and network of support with peers in the field.
Participants commit to:
- Fully participate in all three days of the Leadership Intensive Retreat.
- Contribute toward to safe and trusting leaning environment for yourself and your peers by respecting and honoring the need for confidentiality and differences of opinion, learning style, ethnicity, gender, age, etc.
- Provide feedback and assessment at the end of the program.
- Permit CalSAC to use your photograph, candid photos, and quotes regarding your experiences and participation on the CalSAC website.
For more information, please contact Charnelle Ruff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.444.4622 x105.
Already registered for the retreat?
Please review the following actions required before the retreat.
To fully prepare for the institute, we ask that you complete the following:
- Submit a 1-2 paragraph bio and headshot to email@example.com at least 10 days before the retreat (see facilitator samples below).
- Complete StrengthsFinder 2.0 Assessment and review report generated after completing assessment (bring hard/electronic copy to Institute). A link to complete the assessment will be emailed to you at least 2 weeks before the event.
- Read Chapter 1 of the report: Ready to Lead? Next Generation Leaders Speak Out
- Bring copy of current job description (hard or electronic)
Additional items to bring:
- Writing implement
- Notebook/note-taking materials
- Water bottle
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 Assessment
CalSAC has purchased a unique log-in code to take an electronic assessment of your personal strength themes. It is important that everyone take the assessment in advance of the session and bring the report.
To take the assessment:
Visit the Gallup Strength Center here. Enter the access code provided into the available field, and then follow the onscreen instructions to create a Gallup Strengths Center account.
Once registered, you will be able to take the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment. Please give yourself 45 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete it. Please note that it is timed; once you begin you must complete the survey. If you pause too long on a question it will skip it and move to the next. Please let me know if your code is not working or you run in to any challenges.
After taking the assessment, click on the “Strengths Insight and Action Planning Guide” from your dashboard and review the personalized report generated. Please bring a copy of this report with you to the retreat – this can be a hard copy or e-copy.